The HECS‑HELP Payment Status Report displays HECS‑HELP details grouped by the following contribution liable payment statuses:
- Paid up front (with discount)
- Paid up front (no discount)
These explanatory notes describe the elements and values used in the calculation of each of these Payment statuses in the report.
The HECS‑HELP Payment Status Report can be accessed via Opens in a new window: HEIMS Online:
HEIMS Data View » General Reports » HECS‑HELP » HECS‑HELP Payment Status Report
Scope of the report
The following student records are included in this report:
- Unit of study records for students who are Commonwealth supported:
- [E490 = 110, 111, 112, 201, 202, 203]
- Units of study for students undertaking work experience:
The following student records are excluded from this report:
- Unit of study records for research students and students undertaking units on a non‑award basis are excluded from the report
- [E310 ≠ 1, 2, 3, 50]
Note 1: Students coded as 2 on E337 - work experience in industry are not included in the report.
- When reading student numbers, the data takes into account the coding of students to two or more categories within the report. As a consequence, student totals may be less than the sum of all categories.
- The Deferred category includes students who have fully or partially deferred their HECS‑HELP debt. Partial upfront payments may still be made by these students.
- E490 = 110, 201
- Paid Upfront (with discount)
- E490 = 111, 202
- Paid Upfront (no discount)
- E490 = 112, 203
- Column calculations are based on the following:
- Number of students is calculated from the count of unique student CHESSNs: E488
- Total EFTSL: E339 where E337 = 0, 1
- EFTSL No Work Experience: E339 where E337 = 0
- EFTSL With Work Experience: E339 where E337 = 1
- Deferred Amount : E558
- Amount Paid Upfront: E381
- Discount is calculated from the Total Amount Charged (E384) minus the Deferred Amount (E558) and minus the Amount Paid Upfront (E381)
- Total Amount Charged: E384
- Advance Payment (Deferred Plus Discount) is calculated from the Deferred Amount (E558) + the Discount ((E384) minus the Deferred Amount (E558) and minus the Amount Paid Upfront (E381))