How to read this report
This report provides a distribution of FEE‑HELP student loans for a selected reporting period/year based on the following pre‑defined set of criteria:
- Citizen/resident indicator (E358) is:
- 1 Australian citizen,
- 2 New Zealand citizen,
- 3 Permanent visa other than Permanent humanitarian visa, or
- 8 Permanent humanitarian visa
Includes only FEE HELP eligible students:
- Student Status code (E490) is:
- 220 Pre 2005 PELS students who deferred all or part of the tuition fee through FEE‑HELP,
- 230 Deferred all or part of Award or Enabling course tuition fee through FEE‑HELP,
- 231 Deferred all or part of tuition fee through FEE‑HELP – Employer reserved place,
- 232 Deferred all or part of Open Universities Australia (OUA) tuition fee through FEE‑HELP, or
- 233 Deferred all or part of BOTP tuition fee through FEE‑HELP.
The following table identifies the components that are used to construct the report:
|Student numbers||A count of distinct Student Master CHESSN’s (E488).
The data takes into account the coding of students to two or more Providers within the report. As a consequence, State totals may be less than the sum of all Providers.
|Total EFTSL||Uses the reported E339 (EFTSL) value.|
|Total Amount Charged||Uses the reported E384 (Total amount charged) value.|
|Amount Paid Upfront||Uses the reported E381 (Amount paid upfront) value.|
|HELP Debt Amount||Uses the reported E558 (HELP Debt Amount) value.|
|Loan Fee Amount||Uses the reported E529 (Loan fee) value.|
Students are only counted more than once if they appear in more than one category in this report. So the total student count for each aggregated category may be less than the number of student loans that contribute to that total count.