How to read this report
The Higher Degree Research Completion Timeframes Report provides details of the timeframes elapsed for all Domestic and Overseas students for a selected completion year, between;
- The course commencement date and the HDR Thesis submission date
- The course commencement date and the course completion date
This report includes the following filters;
- Scholarship type
- Citizenship type
- Course of study type
Scholarship types are determined by the value reported for Scholarship type code (E487):
- 00 – Not a scholarship
- 08 – A student receiving a Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend
No RTP stipend
- 09 – A student receiving a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset, but not receiving a RTP Stipend
Domestic/Overseas students are determined by the value reported in Citizen/resident indicator (E358):
- 1 Australian citizen,
- 2 New Zealand citizen
- 3 Permanent visa other than Permanent humanitarian visa, or
- 8 Students/Applicants with Permanent humanitarian visa
- 4 Temporary entry permit, or
- 5 Overseas residing outside Australia
The course of study type is determined by Course of study type code (E310):
- 02 Doctorate by Research
- 03 Masters (Research)
The following table identifies the components that are used to construct the report.
|Number of students||The total number of students|
|Course Commencement to Thesis Submission Timeframe||The total number of students in all research courses where their HDR thesis submission date is;
|Course Commencement to Course Completion Timeframe||The total number of students in all research courses where their HDR course completion date is;
- Records that have been deleted, invalidated or remitted are not included in the report.
- The number of students is derived from the count of unique student IDs.
- Students who undertake more than one research course may be counted more than once.
- This report will count the student once per provider for those students who commenced their course with one provider and completed their course at a different provider.
- Doctorate or Masters student records are only displayed where qualifying records are found.