Student Submission – Incorrect Fatal Validation Rule in HEIMS
Error 900147 - E529 (Loan fee) must be 00000000 for Table B providers
A system issue has been identified with the implementation of this new validation rule that only applies to Table B Higher Education Providers. This rule has been incorrectly applied to all student submissions, including those reported by VSL Providers. The department is working to rectify this validation rule in HEIMS to correct this issue on Tuesday 5 February.
For those who have already encountered this error and your submission has been rejected, you will be able to re‑validate and submit your student data once the validation has been fixed.
For providers who are about to start preparing your data submission, please continue to create and validate your submissions in HEPCAT, ready for submitting on 5 February.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this error has caused.
New HDR Field of Research indicators for 2019 for Higher education providers
Your feedback on the new HDR elements E594 & E595, which are required from 2019, has strongly indicated that these elements are most appropriately collected in respect of a student's enrolment in their course, rather than at the level of their units of study.
We have updated the 2019 data element specifications to reflect this. The latest versions are available from the data element dictionary.
As discussed, previously, with the implementation of the TCSI system from 2020, it has been agreed to collect these data for HDR students in 2019 manually, using spreadsheets in the format of the template below. This will remove the need for modifications to the existing HEPCAT files for this year.
|Provider Code||Student ID||Course Code||Primary field of research||Secondary field of research|
Arrangements for the collection of these data following the submission of first half year student data will be provided in future newsletters as we consult further with you on the most effective process for this collection.
From 2020 these elements have been incorporated in the TCSI design in the Course Admissions packet.
If you have any questions relating to the elements please contact us at HEIMS data collections.
HEIMS Web Services Security Upgrade
HEIMS Web Services (CHESSN, Entitlement Search, Application and Offers and Commonwealth Scholarships)
To avoid any interruptions with your institution's ability to allocate CHESSNs or report data please ensure this information reaches the appropriate IT staff at your institution.
Providers consuming HEIMS Web Services should ensure that their client application supports TLS 1.2 with ECDHE (Elliptic Curve Diffie‑Hellman Exchange) ciphers listed below while communicating with HEIMS Web Services as of 1 May 2019. Since each provider's client application implementation may vary we recommend you contact your IT support team to ensure TLS 1.2 compliance of client application. You may use SSL Labs ciphers for testing purposes (Opens in a new window: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/).
DHE (Diffie‑Hellman Exchange) and RSA (Rivest–Shamir–Adleman) cipher suites will not be supported from 1 May 2019 onwards.
Cipher Suites that will be supported by HEIMS Web Services from 1 May 2019
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0xc030) ECDH secp384r1 (eq. 7680 bits RSA) FS 256
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 (0xc028) ECDH secp384r1 (eq. 7680 bits RSA) FS 256
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0xc014) ECDH secp384r1 (eq. 7680 bits RSA) FS 256
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (0xc02f) ECDH secp384r1 (eq. 7680 bits RSA) FS 128
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 (0xc027) ECDH secp384r1 (eq. 7680 bits RSA) FS 128
- TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0xc013) ECDH secp384r1 (eq. 7680 bits RSA) FS 128
Cipher Suites that will NOT be supported by HEIMS Web Services from 1 May 2019
- TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0x9f) DH 1024 bits FS WEAK 256
- TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 (0x6b) DH 1024 bits FS WEAK 256
- TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0x39) DH 1024 bits FS WEAK 256
- TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0x9d) WEAK 256
- TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 (0x3d) WEAK 256
- TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (0x35) WEAK 256
- TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (0x9e) DH 1024 bits FS WEAK 128
- TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 (0x67) DH 1024 bits FS WEAK 128
- TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0x33) DH 1024 bits FS WEAK 128
- TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (0x9c) WEAK 128
- TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 (0x3c) WEAK 128
- TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0x2f) WEAK 128