Practical Experience Component
A component of a course which satisfies all the following criteria:
- the component generates credit which counts towards a course's total credit requirements;
- it is undertaken in an organisation other than the higher education provider;
- it involves regular and planned supervision and instruction of the student;
- the supervision and instruction is undertaken by a member of the Higher Education Provider's staff or by a person funded by the higher education provider.
- it involves the use of skills and knowledge acquired in course work undertaken within the higher education provider.
Practical experience components are not classified as work experience in industry.
This glossary item applies to the collection types:
- Higher Education Student Collection