Mode of Attendance
A classification of the manner in which a student is undertaking a unit of study
- Internal Mode of Attendance
- unit of study for which the student is enrolled and is undertaken through attendance at the Higher Education Provider on a regular basis; or
- where the student is undertaking a higher degree unit of study for which regular attendance is not required, but attends the Higher Education Provider (HEP) on an agreed schedule for the purposes of supervision and/or instruction.
- External Mode of Attendance
- unit of study for which the student is enrolled involves special arrangements whereby lesson materials, assignments, e.t.c. are delivered to the student, and any associated attendance at the institution is of an incidental, irregular, special or voluntary nature.
- Multi‑modal Mode of Attendance
- a unit of study is undertaken partially on an internal mode of attendance and partially on an external mode of attendance.
This glossary item applies to the collection types:
- Higher Education Student Collection