A state subsidised student means a VET student:
- who is enrolled with a VET provider in a VET course of study (a diploma or advanced diploma course; or a Certificate IV qualification that is included in the Certificate IV trial in that state/territory from the trial commencement in that state/territory);
- for whom the VET provider receives funding from a “subsidising state or territory” in relation to the VET student’s enrolment in that VET course of study.
A subsidising state or territory is as follows:
- Victoria from 2009, with the Certificate IV trial commencement from 28 January 2014;
- South Australia from July 2012, with the Certificate IV trial commencement from 13 January 2014;
- Queensland and Western Australia from January 2014, with the Certificate IV trial commencement from 13 January 2014;
- Northern Territory from March 2014. Certificate IV trial commencement to be advised;
- New South Wales and Tasmania proposed commencement July 2014. Certificate IV trial commencement to be advised;
- Australian Capital Territory proposed commencement date is January 2015. Certificate IV Trial commencement to be advised.
Reporting state subsidised students
State subsidised students are identified by the following codes on element 490:
|State/Territory||VET FEE-HELP Assisted||Student paying up front|
|New South Wales||404||504|
|Australian Capital Territory||410||510|
This glossary item applies to the collection types: