The Higher Education Administrative Information for Providers (AIP) has been developed by the department to help higher education providers interpret and implement the student support policies that are enacted under Commonwealth legislation and associated guidelines. It explains the rules and procedures associated with administering:
- bachelor places for Commonwealth supported students;
- the allocation of Commonwealth supported places for postgraduate courses, courses of study leading to a diploma, advanced diploma and associate degree, enabling courses and courses of study in medicine;
- tuition fees for domestic and overseas fee paying students;
- the student services and amenities fee;
- the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) with the exception of VET FEE‑HELP & VET Student Loans; and
- voluntary student unionism.
See Higher Education Administrative Information for Providers - March 2020 for more information.