An element is a variable used for reporting specific data to HEIMS. Reasons for reporting data may vary between files or collections.
The following table replicates the format used for each element and provides a description for each component.
A unique number assigned to an element.
Describes the purpose of the element.
|First year:||The year that particular version of the element was first used|
|Last year:||The year which that particular version of the element was last used (ie if the version is still current, "Last Year" will be blank)|
|Field name:||Name of the element used in the HEPCAT data grid|
|Element name:||Name of the element|
|Data Type:||Class of data type for an element, e.g. numeric, integer, alphanumeric.|
|Units:||Format of data type|
|Width:||Number of characters an element occupied on a file|
|Code:||Range of acceptable values for the classification|
|Meaning:||Description of code for the classification|
Provide additional information to the Scope document and classification to clarify how to report the element.
- Name of the data collection that the element is included:
- File/s where an element is reported
- Date when the document was first written
- Date a revision was issued.
This glossary item applies to the collection types:
- Higher Education Student Collection
- Higher Education Staff Collection
- VET Collections
- University Applications and Offers Collection