Go to top of page

Timing, scope, structure and elements - FAQ 10

10. Do higher education providers need to submit a HELP Due file?

Both higher education and VET providers are required to create and validate two HELP Due (Commonwealth assisted students) files per year i.e. one for each half year period. All students who have incurred a HELP debt (HECS‑HELP, FEE‑HELP, OS‑HELP, SA‑HELP or VET FEE‑HELP) must be included on the HELP DUE file for the relevant reporting period. This file is essential as the data in your student submission cannot be submitted if there is no matching HELP due record for students who have incurred a debt.


Need more help? HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au (subject: FAQ%20Feedback%20%22Do%20higher%20education%20providers%20need%20to%20submit%20a%20HELP%20Due%20file%3F%22) (Email us)



Return to FAQs | Return to top