A submission may include one or more files, depending on the submission type. For example, a higher education student submission contains three files—Student enrolment (EN), Student load liability (LL) and HELP due (DU). Each file has its own scope & structure guidelines and relevant elements, all of which can be found on HEIMSHELP.
Each scope page outlines:
- the type of information that should be included in a file
- any specific conditions (or prerequisites) that must be reported before submitting the file
- in what submission it is included
- a reference to the Reporting Schedule
The structure pages include information such as:
- the data ellements you need to include
- the position that the information must take within the file
- the number of characters to report on each element
- the valid characters to use in the file.
The element pages identify:
- valid codes and values for each element
- coding notes to explain meanings and usage
- the format of the code
Need more help? HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au (subject: FAQ%20Feedback%20%22How%20do%20I%20know%20what%20data%20to%20include%20in%20my%20submissions%3F%22) (Email us)