Go to top of page


08. Can the student services and amenities fee be rolled into the fee for overseas students and therefore reported in E500?

Under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students, all fees charged to overseas students should be clearly identified to the student in their fees agreement. The amount recorded in element 500should be the actual fee charged to an overseas student as specified in their agreement and in compliance with Chapter 7 of the Higher Education Provider Guidelines (fees in respect of overseas students). If the provider decides to charge an overseas student a separate services and amenities fee as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003, it should not be included in element 500.


Need more help? HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au (subject: FAQ%20Feedback%20%22Can%20the%20student%20services%20and%20amenities%20fee%20be%20rolled%20into%20the%20fee%20for%20overseas%20students%20and%20therefore%20reported%20in%20E500%3F%20%22) (Email us)



Return to FAQs | Return to top