Go to top of page


10. If students were completing language courses as part of their undergraduate diploma, rather than for their full degree program, would they be able to access the additional language loan?

A: No if the student is Commonwealth supported or receiving FEE‑HELP for the diploma then they would not be able to access OS‑HELP assistance for any language units of study done as part of the diploma. Note that in these circumstances, the student could use HECS‑HELP or FEE‑HELP to cover the cost of the language units of study.


Need more help? HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au (subject: FAQ%20Feedback%20%22If%20students%20were%20completing%20language%20courses%20as%20part%20of%20their%20undergraduate%20diploma%2C%20rather%20than%20for%20their%20full%20degree%20program%2C%20would%20they%20be%20able%20to%20access%20the%20additional%20language%20loan%3F%22) (Email us)



Return to FAQs | Return to top