Go to top of page


08. Are there any reporting requirements related to short term overseas experiences that aren't taken for academic credit i.e. volunteering, internships?

A: OS‑HELP assistance is only available for overseas study experiences that count towards the award course in which the student is enrolled. As an example, this could be an internship for which the student is not receiving credit, as long as the internship is something that is required as part of the course of study they are enrolled in with their Australian provider. The reporting for this type of overseas study would be the same as for any other OS‑HELP assistance.


Need more help? HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au (subject: FAQ%20Feedback%20%22Are%20there%20any%20reporting%20requirements%20related%20to%20short%20term%20overseas%20experiences%20that%20aren't%20taken%20for%20academic%20credit%20i.e.%20volunteering%2C%20internships%3F%22) (Email us)



Return to FAQs | Return to top