Go to top of page


06. The new rules for OS HELP include postgraduate students who are enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) in a postgraduate course. Does this mean that students not doing a Commonwealth supported course are not eligible for OS HELP assistance?

A: Yes, that's correct. A student must be in a Commonwealth supported place for their course of study to be able to access OS‑HELP. Postgraduate students in a Commonwealth supported place are eligible for OS‑HELP assistance, including OS‑HELP study in Asia and a supplementary amount for language study, if they are selected and paid on or after 1 January 2014 and if they meet all the other eligibility requirements.


Need more help? HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au (subject: FAQ%20Feedback%20%22The%20new%20rules%20for%20OS%20HELP%20include%20postgraduate%20students%20who%20are%20enrolled%20in%20a%20Commonwealth%20supported%20place%20(CSP)%20in%20a%20postgraduate%20course.%20Does%20this%20mean%20that%20students%20not%20doing%20a%20Commonwealth%20supported%20course%20are%20not%20eligible%20for%20OS%20HELP%20assistance%3F%22) (Email us)



Return to FAQs | Return to top