Go to top of page


03. When using the 241 reporting code do we need to use that code for ALL students going to Asia, even if they do not take out the full $7,500 amount?

A: Yes, any student who is accessing OS‑HELP assistance to study in Asia would be reported using the new code 241 on element 490. A student studying in Asia may choose to access OS‑HELP assistance for any amount up to the limit of $7,500. They are still reported using code 241 even if they choose to take a lesser amount.



Need more help? HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au (subject: FAQ%20Feedback%20%22When%20using%20the%20241%20reporting%20code%20do%20we%20need%20to%20use%20that%20code%20for%20ALL%20students%20going%20to%20Asia%2C%20even%20if%20they%20do%20not%20take%20out%20the%20full%20%247%2C500%20amount%3F%22) (Email us)



Return to FAQs | Return to top