Go to top of page

Access and passwords - FAQ 01

01. What access do I need to report data?

The Access to HEIMS applications form allows you to arrange access to HEIMS OnlineHEIMS Administration and HEPCAT (Higher Education Provider Client Assistance Tool).

The access you request will depend on the role you have in your organisation. You must have your own user account (login ID)—you cannot share your login ID with another person.
You will have access to:

  • Data submission
    • create, validate and submit data using the HEPCAT reporting tool
    • view and verify previously submitted data in HEIMS Online
  • Data processing
    • create and validate data using HEPCAT
  • Program Funding
  • Verification
    • view and verify previously submitted data in HEIMS Online
  • CHESSN allocation and student entitlements
    • allocate CHESSN
    • request student entitlements to FEE‑HELP and Commonwealth Scholarships
  • Output alerts
    • receive output alert notices when students are approaching or have consumed their HELP limit or Commonwealth Scholarship entitlement (for the latter you must also have access to the Commonwealth Scholarships function)
  • Commonwealth Scholarships (higher education only)
    • create, submit and view Commonwealth Scholarship data
    • view scholarship entitlements
    • receive Output Alert notices when students have consumed or are approaching their Commonwealth Scholarship entitlements


Need more help? HEIMS.datacollections [at] education.gov.au (subject: FAQ%20Feedback%20%22What%20access%20do%20I%20need%20to%20report%20data%3F%22) (Email us)



Return to FAQs | Return to top