Academic staff resources available at the reference date for a function being performed in one work sector and one organisational unit by a member of staff, in respect of their current duties
|Element name:||Full-time equivalence – reference date|
|001 to 100||Staff resources expressed in terms of full‑time equivalence at the reference date, reported in hundredths (e.g. half a full‑time person's staff resources is coded as 050)|
- For staff reported on template 2(a), the reference date may be determined by the higher education provider as a 'point in time' at a date between 31 March and 31 August.
- A member of academic staff that at the reference date has a full‑time work contract in respect of their current duties, has a full‑time equivalence at the reference date (FTE‑RD) of 1.00 (reported as 100 on templates)
- The FTE‑RD for a member of staff that at the reference date has a fractional full‑time work contract in respect of their current duties, will be less than 1.00.
- The fraction will represent the ratio between the number of agreed normal work hours for that person and the number of normal work hours which would be required of a member of staff having the same classification type and level as that person, but with a full‑time work contract.
- For example, a staff member with a fractional full‑time work contract with half the work hours of those of a member of staff having the same classification type and level, but with a full‑time work contract, then the FTE‑RD for the person would be 0.50.
- Normal work hours should exclude paid or unpaid overtime work hours.
Provider Information Request:
- PIR Staff (PSF)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top