Indicates the student's highest educational participation and last year of participation prior to the first enrolment in the course of study or an applicant's highest educational participation and last year of participation as reported on an application
|Element name:||Highest educational participation prior to commencement|
|010000||Not a commencing student|
A commencing domestic student for whom highest educational participation and last year of participation prior to commencement is OR an applicant's highest educational participation as reported on their application is:
|02YYYY||A complete Higher education postgraduate level course|
|03YYYY||A complete Higher education bachelor level course|
|04YYYY||A complete Higher education sub‑degree level course|
|05YYYY||An incomplete Higher education course|
|07YYYY||A complete final year of secondary education course at school or through a Registered Training Organisation|
|08YYYY||Other qualification, complete or incomplete|
|090000||No prior educational attainment|
|10YYYY||A complete VET award course|
|11YYYY||An incomplete VET award course|
- YYYY is the year of the completion or last year of participation
- If no information is available for year, code as "9999".
- Where a student/applicant has multiple qualifications, record the highest AQF level of participation, regardless of whether it was completed or not.
- The order of these codes is not strictly hierarchical, due to the addition of codes over time.
- If your institution is unable to report the highest educational attainment for a student, leave this field blank.
Provider Information Request:
- PIR Student (PSD)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top