A code that identifies the supplementary field of education to which a combined course is classified
|Element name:||Field of education supplementary code|
|010000 to 129999||Field of education code|
|000000||Course is not a combined course, or is an OUA unit|
- Refer to: Appendix E – Field of Education Classification.
- Combined courses must be assigned a substantive field of education (i.e. spaces or all zeros are not valid).
- Field to be filled with zeroes for courses other than combined courses, even though some single‑award courses may have dual strands.
- Element 461 PIR (field of education code) is to be used to indicate the primary field of education for the course and will be the element used in tables where continuity of statistical reporting is essential.
Provider Information Request:
- PIR Course of Study (PCO)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top