The EFTSL value representing the student load for a unit of study
|Element name:||Equivalent full-time student load|
|0000000001 to 1000000000||EFTSL value (e.g. 0.125 is coded 0125000000)|
- An EFTSL is an equivalent full‑time student load for a year.
- It is a measure, in respect of a course of study, of the study load for a year of a student undertaking that course of study on a full‑time basis.
- Total EFTSL for a full‑time student in a course in a given year should be 1.0.
- Each unit of study/subject is measured in EFTSL as a proportion of the weight (EFTSL) that unit of study contributes to the total EFTSL for that course. For each year of enrolment the sum of all units of study for an individual student that is studying full‑time in a course should be 1.0.
- If a full‑time course is made up of 8 subjects, each of which have the same weight (value in the course) then the EFTSL value for each subject is 0.125 (i.e. 1/8).
- Please see Opens in a new window: Frequently Asked Questions for further information on calculating EFTSL.
Provider Information Request:
- PIR Student (PSD)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top