A code which indicates the month and year in which the student commenced the current course for the first time
|Element name:||Course commencement date|
|YYYYMM||Date student commenced the course in YYYYMM format|
- 1st 4 digits – Year sub‑field (e.g. 2005)
- 2nd 2 digits – Month sub‑field (e.g. 06)
- For the purpose of the PIR, the Course Commencement Date is the date the student first consumes student load (EFTSL) in that course.
- To determine what constitutes a course commencement, reference should be made to the definition of a commencing student in the Glossary.
- For Open Universities Australia (OUA) purposes, the course commencement date is to reflect the first time a student commenced a unit of study through the OUA.
- Please use format as requested above, for example, 201006.
Provider Information Request:
- PIR Student (PSD)
- PIR Past Course Completions (PPS)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top