The Australian postcode or overseas country code of a student's/applicant's permanent home residence
|Element name:||Location code of permanent home residence|
|X1200 to X9299||Overseas country code from countries classification|
|X9999||Overseas country, but not classifiable|
|A0001 to A9998||Australian Postcode|
|99999||No information on location of residence|
- Overseas country codes should be prefixed by "X"
- Australian postcodes should be prefixed by "A".
- This code should reflect the permanent home residence and is to be provided by the student each year.
- The permanent home residence is where a student/applicant comes from and not a temporary semester/term address.
- Overseas students/applicants would have an overseas country as their permanent home residence.
Provider Information Request:
- PIR Student (PSD)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.
Return to top