The Revised VET Student Load/Liability (VRL) file enables providers to revise previously reported student load liability data. This file is used in the VET Student Revision submission.
For more information see VET Administrative Information for Providers.
Student revisions may be reported at any time. Multiple submissions may be reported throughout the year.
The VSR file is one of three files incorporated in the VET student revision submission. The other files are the:
- VET Student Revisions (VSR)
- VET Commonwealth Assisted Students (VDU) (in a validated VET HELP Due submission).
When reporting a Student Revision submission it is recommended that you read the VSR and the VDU file scope guidelines in conjunction with the VRL scope.
Submissions are made using the Higher Education Provider Client Assistance Tool (HEPCAT). More information about this process is in the HEPCAT user guide Part 2.
Information about the structure and elements included in the VRL file is in the structure guidelines for the relevant reporting year. Each record in the VLL file must have a unique combination of values for:
- Student identification code (element 313)
- Course code (element 307)
- Unit of study code (element 354)
- Unit of study census date (E489)
- Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) (E488).
These elements uniquely identify a student's unit of study/part of a course. A record to be revised will be matched on these elements.
For more information about terms used in these guidelines see the glossary.