The Full-time and Fractional Full Time Submission includes data records of people who:
- are members of staff at the reference date;
- have an effective substantive appointment at the reference date;
- have current duties at the reference date which require them to undertake full-time work or fractional full-time work undertaken in either:
- an academic organisational unit, an academic support services organisational unit, a student services organisational unit, a public services organisational unit or a general institution services organisational unit; or
- an independent operation, but only if it is a controlled entity
Providers must report all full-time and fractional full time staff data to DEEWR before 30 June (of the current reference year).
Timing of these submissions is detailed in the Timing Matrix for the relevant reporting year which is available on HEIMSHELP website.
The FT Submission is included in the Higher Education Staff Collection.
Information about the structure and the elements included in the FT Submission can be found in the FT Structure document for the relevant reporting year. This is available on HEIMSHELP website.
Each record in the FT/FTT Submission must have a unique combination of the following elements:
- Person identification code (E401)
- Function code (E412)
- Appointment term code (E505)
- Current duties term code (E507)
- Organisational unit code (E510)
- Work sector code (E511)
- Reporting Year / Period (E415)
- Variation reason code (E446)
Each data record will relate to one appointment for a member of staff and in respect of one function being performed in one work sector and one organisational unit.
The total number of FT/FFT staff data records in the submission will depend on the number of records generated for each member of staff and the number of members of staff.
For some members of staff there may be more than one data record. Multiple records would be generated where a member of staff:
- has more than one effective substantive appointment with an institution; or
- current duties are undertaken in more than one organisational unit; or
- current duties are undertaken in more than one work sector.
Where a member of staff generates more than one FT/FFT staff data record, the information reported for Element 401 (Person identification code), Element 315 (Gender code) and Element 314 (Date of birth code) must be the same in each FT/FFT staff data record.
Records are included in the submission in respect of members of staff whose duties relate solely to higher education or to both higher education and TAFE, with the full-time equivalence expended in relation to work undertaken in both types of work sector being reported.
Records to be excluded
- Data are excluded in the submission for staff whose duties relate solely to TAFE.
- Records are excluded in the submission for full-time equivalence expended by a member of staff in any independent operation which is not a controlled entity.