The reference year for the EC Submission is the current reporting year.
The EC Submission is included in the Higher Education Staff Collection. Providers must report Estimated Casual FTE data to DEEWR by 30 June of the current reporting year.
Timing of these submissions is detailed in the Timing Matrix for the relevant reporting year which is available on HEIMSHELP website
Information about the structure and the elements included in the EC Submission can be found in the EC structure document for the relevant reporting year. This is available on HEIMSHELP website.
This submission must include records of all staff who are engaged during the reference year with a casual work contract and whose current duties require them to undertake work in either:
- an academic organisational unit;
- an academic support services organisational unit;
- a student services organisational unit;
- a public services organisational unit or a general institution services organisational unit; or
- an independent operation, but only if it is a controlled entity;
- whose duties relate solely to higher education or to both the higher education and VET sectors.
Records to be excluded
Records are not to be included for those staff:
- appointed for a limited term with a full-time or fractional full-time work contract;
- whose duties relate solely within the VET sector; and
- in any independent operation which is not legally part of the institution.
REVISIONS TO ESTIMATED CASUAL FTE STAFF DATA
To correct a previously reported (but incorrect) Estimated Casual staff record the amended data is reported in a new submission through HEPCAT. This will replace the previously submitted data.