First Reporting Year for version 3.0: 2012
Last Reporting Year for version 3.0: 2012
Data record structure (1 or more records required):
|AO Element name||Element number||Position||Width||Data type||Type of element||Coding note variations|
|Application identification code||700||1-20||20||Alphanumeric||1||-|
|Date of birth||314||22-29||8||Date||1||-|
|Citizen/resident indicator||358||31-31||1||Numeric||1||Records are not included in the collection for applicants who are coded ‘4’, ‘5’ or b (space).
International applicants would be coded as either ‘4’ or ‘5’ depending on whether they had already relocated to Australia.
|Location code of permanent home residence||320||32-36||5||Alphanumeric||1||For domestic school leaver applicants this code must reflect the permanent home residence of the applicant in the last year of their secondary study.|
|Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander code||316||37-37||1||Numeric||3||-|
|Year of arrival in Australia||347||38-41||4||Alphanumeric||3||-|
|Language spoken at home code||348||42-45||4||Numeric||3||-|
|Surname||402||46-75||30||Text||1||Where surname cannot be provided, report ‘Unknown’.|
|Given name – first||403||76-90||15||Text||1||-|
|Given names – other||404||91-120||30||Text||
|Postal address – part 1||406||121-158||38||Text||2||-|
|Postal address – part 2||407||159-196||38||Text||3||-|
|Postal address – suburb/town||466||197-223||27||Text||1||-|
|Postal address – state code||467||224-226||3||Alphanumeric||5||-|
|Postal address – postcode||409||227-230||4||Alphanumeric||1||-|
|Postal address – country code||728||231-234||4||Numeric||4||For applications with an overseas address full details for either E468 or E728 is required.|
|Postal address – country name||468||235-254||20||Alphanumeric||4||For applications with an overseas address full details for either E468 or E728 is required.|
|Highest educational participation||493||255-260||6||Numeric||2||The codes 000000 and 010000 are not applicable to this collection.|
|Prior postgraduate course; year||730||261-265||5||Numeric||3||-|
|Prior bachelor course; year||731||266-270||5||Numeric||3||-|
|Prior sub-degree course (HE); year||732||271-275||5||Numeric||3||-|
|Prior sub-degree course (VET); year||733||276-280||5||Numeric||3||-|
|Prior VET award course; year||734||281-285||5||Numeric||3||-|
|Prior secondary education course through VET sector; year||735||286-290||5||Numeric||3||-|
|Prior secondary education course at school; year||736||291-295||5||Numeric||3||-|
|Prior other qualification/ certificate; year||737||296-300||5||Numeric||3||-|
|Australian Year 12 result type code||702||301-302||2||Numeric||6||-|
|Tertiary Entrance Score||369||303-305||3||Numeric||7||The codes 001 and 999 are not applicable to this collection.
For this collection, rather than 999 the element is coded bbb (space).
|International Baccalaureate aggregate score||710||306-307||2||Numeric||7||-|
Type of Element Key:
- 1: Provision of data required in both preliminary and detailed submissions.
- 2: Provision of data required in the detailed submission but discretionary in the preliminary submission.
- 3: Provision of data is discretionary in both preliminary and detailed submissions.
- 4: Provision of data required for one of these fields for all applications with an overseas address in the detailed submission.
- 5: Provision of data required for applications with an Australian address in both preliminary and detailed submissions.
- 6: Provision of data is required by the University of Tasmania in both the preliminary and detailed submissions but for all other HEPs is discretionary in both the preliminary and detailed submissions.
- 7: Provision of data is required by the University of Tasmania in the detailed submissions but for all other HEPs is discretionary in both the preliminary and detailed submissions.