A code which uniquely identifies the student within the Higher Education/VET Provider and remains constant from year to year.
|Element name:||Student identification code|
|Units:||Code (alphanumeric), left justified, with trailing blanks if needed|
|Any data||Code assigned by the Provider|
A student may make a number of separate course enrolments at a Provider in the one year or over a number of years. Within the one Provider, the identification code for the student must be constant across courses and over time. Where a student returns to a Provider to resume a course or to undertake a new course, the identification code must be the same as that used at the time of the student’s first enrolment at the Provider.
Where a Provider is amalgamated with another Provider this may lead to the need for the identification code for some students to be changed. In such circumstances, DEEWR should be consulted so that any arrangements which may be required to ensure continuity of the identification code can be agreed on.
- Unit of Study Completions (CU)
- Commonwealth-Assisted Students (DU)
- Student Enrolment (EN)
- Student Load/Liability (LL) & Revised Student Load/Liability (RL)
- OS-HELP (OS)
- Past Course Completions (PS)
- Commonwealth Scholarship (CS)
- Revisions (SR)
- Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (PO)
- Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)
- Commonwealth Assisted Students (VDU)
- Student Enrolment (VEN)
- Unit of Study Completions (VCU)
- Student Load/Liability (VLL)& & Revised Student Load Liability (VRL)
- Revisions (VSR)
- Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (VPO)
- VET Course Completions (VCC)
- VET Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN)
Please refer to the Glossary for further information about terminology used in this document.
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.