The ordinal position of a preference in the set of preferences of an applicant as at the Reference date
|Element name:||Preference ordinal position|
|Units:||Code (numeric) with a leading zero if necessary|
|00 to 99||Actual or notional ordinal position assigned to a preference|
If the submitter is a TAC
Provision of full details of the Preference ordinal position is required for all Preference Details and Offer Details data records:
- The value of ‘99’ may be reported in the Offer Details if the offered course is no longer a current preference and such data is captured.
- The value of ‘00’ must not be reported in the Preference or Offer Details.
- In the Preference Details, no more than a one data record may have the same concatenated matched values for Element 700 (Application identification code) and Element 713 (Preference ordinal position)
- In the Offer Details, no more than a one data record may have the same concatenated matched values of Element 700 (Application identification code), Element 705 (Date offered) and Element 713 (Preference ordinal position), with the exception of the Preference ordinal position value of ‘99’.
If the submitter is a HEP:
- Where applicants are not required to express a preference order, either the value ‘00’ or a notional Preference ordinal position may be reported.
- The only value for Element 713 (Preference ordinal position) that may be repeated for each unique value of Element 700 (Application identification code) in the Preference Details File or Offer Details File is a value of ‘00’.
- If only one preference is submitted against a unique value for Element 700 (Application identification code) then the Preference ordinal position of ‘01’ should be assigned.
Please refer to the Glossary for further information about terminology used in this document.
Applications and Offers:
- Preference Details (PD)
- Offer Details (OD)
Details of all versions of this data element can be found on its supporting information page.