Systems and access
On this page
This page provides you with the information you need to know about
- HEIMS applications and their purpose
- the system requirements that your organisation will need to use HEIMS applications
- how to apply for access to HEIMS applications including HEPCAT, HEIMS Online and HEIMS Administration.
Applications have been developed to help you report data to HEIMS, allocate and manage CHESSNs and review your reported data.
This section summarises the purpose(s) for each application and provides links to related toolkits and pages that provide detailed information including user guides and recorded webinars.
Access to HEIMS applications
All users must be registered and have their own log on ID and password to access the HEIMS applications and report data to HEIMS. Please read the terms and conditions of access carefully before signing your request form. To request access please complete the Access to department systems form and send it to HEIMS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access to department systems: Datamart, HEIMS Administration, HEIMS Online and HEPCAT (1MB) OR Access to department systems: Datamart, HEIMS Administration, HEIMS Online and HEPCAT DOCX (80kB)
Users will generally be given access to HEPCAT full functionality by default. However, if HEPCAT Data Processing is selected on the application form the user will not be able to submit data to the department.
Under the Provider Test code of 9998 users may access the basic functionality of HEPCAT (excepting submission of data) without being registered. This is primarily designed for user training and testing purposes.
Access to HEIMS Web Service Environments
Before access can be granted to HEIMS Web Services production environment a provider must meet the requirements for system testing and infrastructure compliance.
Note - this PDF form can be completed electronically on a computer but will require printing to be signed by the applicant and authorising officer.
- Access to HEIMS Web Service environments form PDF (143kB) OR Access to HEIMS Web Service environments form DOCX (70kB)
- HEIMS Web Services testing requirements PDF (188kB) OR HEIMS Web Services testing requirements DOCX (35kB)
HEIMS system requirements
This document provides an overview of the environmental requirements that your organisation will need to access HEIMS and submit data to the department. It includes information such as minimum hardware and operating system specifications, connectivity and applications required to use and connect to departmental systems.
- Environment Requirements to Access HEIMS PDF (112kB) OR Environment Requirements to Access HEIMS DOCX (37kB)